Thursday 29 February 2024

Flowers for Mothers Day

It's almost Mothers Day here in the UK and what better to go on a card than a big, bold beautiful flower.
For this weeks inspiration for Visible Image I have chosen to combine the fabulously grungy Flower Ink stencil and Mother Definition stamp on a pretty one layer card. 

Here's how I achieved it...


I adhered the stencil to some super smooth card and blended a base layer of yellow Distress Oxide ink, deepening until I was happy with the shade.


I then blended brown ink into the centre section. 


I then added some shading by working out from the centre in orange and red tones. 



Using a small stencil brush and a white pigment ink i then swept the ink out from the centre. This really helped to soften the colours. 


I then took the insert to the stencil and coloured around the outer edge of it repeatedly to add more dimension and interest. 


Using a stamp platform, I added my sentiment directly on to to the card and added highlights with a white gel pen to make it pop. 


Before mat and layering to finish, I added more detail to the middle of the flower, carefully drawing lines with a white paint pen all around the middle before adding in some shading with pencils to create dimension. 





I wish all the mums out there a lovely relaxing Mothers Day and for those folk that find the day difficult I send love and hope that you can find something to make you smile a little on the 10th March. 

Products Used 



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment