Friday 2 February 2024

Spring is Coming!

Here we are in February already and it's starting to feel like Spring is just around the corner thank goodness. This weeks project for Visible Image was inspired by that Spring feeling and the beautiful tulips I bought last week to cheer up my dear mum, who is recovering from knee surgery. 




I began with some watercolour card, on which I sprinkled Dinkles powders and spritzed with water. 


I wanted to create some depth for my tulips to sit against, so I used Distress ink through the Leafy stencil. First I used Twisted Citron and then I added another layer with Mowed Lawn. 


Using an orange Versafine Clair ink ( as this gives the best detail)) I randomly stamped the background script stamp, and I also added the word Spring in yellow to add a touch more interest. 


Then using a stamp platform I added the small stem stamp in green, and stamped the Sketched Tulips over the top. 


                                       

I stamped the images again onto watercolour card, heat embossed and painted before fussy cutting them.

I coloured the small stems in the background with Posca pen before adhering the tulips. 

Of course as this card was inspired by my mum a get well sentiment was a must! The Go To Words stamp set had the perfect one.  And no Spring flower garden is complete without a butterfly or two flitting around, so I added some from the gorgeous Wings of Change set. This finished it off perfectly!  




Products Used 









There is so much exciting stuff planned for Visible Image this year so do follow along on the below links to keep up to date with all the new releases, news and of course crafty inspiration!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment