Monday 8 July 2019

Tin Man by Visible Image

I am back today with another cute character all the way from Oz, courtesy of Visible Image . Recently I shared a project using Dorothy ( you can find that post here), and today I am showcasing Tin Man. He's so darned cute! 



I wanted to create a card that reflected his metallic material and give it an industrial feel. 

To start I created a distress oxide background , and then blended more ink through the Grate-ful stencil over the top. 

I then created a bordered edge using  Sizzix embossing folder and gilding wax, cutting it into strips to create a frame. I also stamped some cogs and numbers from the Somewhere In Time set. The stamps in there really are so useful and versatile as background stamps. It is definitely one of my go to sets. 


To create some contrast, I stamped and die cut the hearts from the Tin Man set onto a scrap of red mop up card I had . In true crafter style no ink is ever wasted! I embossed clear powder over the top to add some shine. 


The Tin Man was coloured with copic markers and die cut. The matching dies to the character sets really do make life so much easier. No more fiddly fussy cutting! I finished off by stamping and embossing the sentiment on another off cut, and adding black perl drops to my border frame to complete the mechanical look I was going for. 


I honestly don't think I will ever tire of using the Visible Image Oz and Wonderland character stamps. Like the original tales, I have no doubt they will stand the test of time and continue to be my favourite classics. 

Lynda
x





1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card and stamps love the tin man and industrial backgrounds just perfect -great step by step too
    carol x

    ReplyDelete