Saturday 27 July 2019

Mindful Moments

We could all do with a little calm and mindfulness in our lives, and for me personally this week I most definitely could! It's been a hectic week, not only as school's out for Summer ( and I am a childminder so it gets very busy here), but also having had a weekend of dance shows for my daughter ( which were AMAZING!), during the running around for which I managed to prang my car, then later that day damage my knee, it's safe to say my week has not gone too well!  

Sadly I also had to attend the funeral of a dear friend and fellow crafter Erika, who I actually first met through the Visible Image fan page on Facebook. She adored all things Visible Image, and she was absolutely thrilled for me when I told her I had a much coveted spot as a guest designer on the team. She was so supportive of everything I do, and although I only had the pleasure of knowing her in person for a few years, she had become a very good friend to me.  I will miss our inky play dates very much. 

This piece I am sharing today I dedicate to her memory and I hope wherever she is it is tranquil there and she is at peace . 



I stumbled across a window picture frame covered in stickers while rummaging in a charity shop and decided it would be great to alter so I parted with a few pennies and brought it home as I do love to upcycle. 


Once cleaned of stickers I rubbed it down with some sandpaper and painted it with chalk paint. 


While the paint was drying I created a scene with distress ink. I stamped the main image from the  set Mindful Moments  set onto a mop up piece of card with oxide inks on and fussy cut it out. I framed her by stamping branches from the tree in the Tree of Life set around the top and colouring in the leaves. The doves are from the Guardian Angel set. I just love how all Visible Image stamps are so versatile and you can mix and match sets for maximum creative options. 



To decorate my frame, I used the Tree of Life stamps. On the front I stamped the tree in the centre, and grounded it with a light dusting of Versafine ink and a mask. 


The small flowers in the Creative Chaos set added to the base helped add a feeling of depth, and again I added a dove to tie it in with the image inside. 


Inside I stamped the tree again, effectively creating the back of the image that I had stamped on the front. I added some of the other element stamps in the Mindful Moments set, and coloured the flowers with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens to add a pop of colour. 



Thank you dear Erika for your friendship, support , positive energy and all round awesomeness. 

Miss you

Lynda
xx















No comments:

Post a Comment