Thursday 11 April 2024

You're A Classic

 Cards for men can often be a struggle for us crafters,  but Visible Image have perfect stamps for any occasion, including birthdays for the chaps in our lives. For this weeks inspiration I have chosen to use the brilliant You're A Classic stamp set to create a fabulously inky card any male would be delighted to receive. 



I began by cutting a piece of watercolour card to fit my base card, and stamped and embossed the sketched car in=mage in white over it to create my background. 


Because embossing acts as a resist, I was then able to spray the card with Distress Spray Stains and water without losing any of the detailed image.  When the ink was dry I used a fan brush with water to lift some of the colour and add more texture. 


I then used the Glitch Numbers stencil and Distress Ink to add another layer of interest. 


Carrying on with the numbers theme I took the small background stamp and randomly stamped in black around the cars.


The main image was stamped onto Kraft card, embossed and coloured with metallic paint before fussy cutting. 


I left a border around the edge, which I coloured with a white paint pen to help the image pop and add contrast. 


To add even more texture and lighten the card a little I used the Broken Mesh die cut from silver card and torn into small sections which I then adhered to the card.


To finish I bordered the background on black card and mounted the car and sentiment on foam pads. 


In case you aren't aware, you can now buy Tim Holtz products on the Visible Image website- how good is that?!  They really are the perfect combination of stamps and mediums so shopping for supplies just got really easy!  Click on the links below to shop and browse the socials for inspiration- you will find SO much! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment