Thursday 2 March 2023

Don't Make Me Release The Flying Monkeys

Todays post for Visible Image features one of the fabulous stamps from the Oz collection, Flying Monkey.  I don't know about you but to me the story The Wizard of Oz holds so many fond childhood memories and is absolutely timeless. I just love it!


I started with an inky background in blues from my stash that was created with Dylusions spray ink. 


I placed a plastic mask on the lighter section, and used Prize Ribbon Distress Ink around it to add depth of colour and create a moon. 


No eerie scene is complete without branches sweeping across it of course, and the tree from Into The Woods was perfect. 


Here I must confess, that I got so engrossed in creating that I neglectd to take more step photos, but I think my description should give you the idea! 

I stamped the monkey and his pals, die cut and coloured with alcohol markers. I stamped the bricks in the bottom corner in blue, and heat embossed some silver stars from the Feel The Beat stamp set around the sky. I finished by adding some white gel pen highlights to the tree and mounting the die cut images on with foam pads. 


Products







I hope you have enjoyed my inspiration this week. Now I must dash as a new package of incredible stamps have just arrived and I need to get creative. If you want to be among the first to see what I will be working with then do sign up to the Visible Image social media sites linked below. You won't want to miss these I promise!!












 

1 comment:

  1. That background looks great. It nice to see someone who still uses distress ink and not just oxides. Have an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete