Friday 5 January 2018

Creative Artiste January Challenge DT Post

Happy new year folks! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Santa filled your stockings with lots of crafty  goodies. If he didn't though, never fear as we have a new challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog with a fabulous prize of a 30% discount on offer from the brilliant Tando Creative ( discount applies only to TANDO products) .



Tando do so many amazing things  for mixed media fans to enjoy. I recently had a little splurge myself and was so excited to get playing to create my DT piece of a small wall plaque for this months challenge. I hope you like it. I adore the little whimsical houses and they are such good value too . 



To create my plaque I used a greyboard base from Tando, which I gesso'd over and then sponge painted with Americana acrylic paints. I lightly stamped some script text in versafine ink to add more interest. The papers used on the house are by Lost and Found, and I distressed the edges and doodled around. I stamped some foliage using my Indigo Blu Laurel Leaves stamps, and hand drew some heart flowers amongst them which I then painted with Dylusions paints. The sentiment is from Lavinia Stamps, and the main heart stamp was from a set that came free in a magazine ages ago and I coloured it with twinkling H20 paints. 

Challenges I am entering:




Thank you for popping by to take a look. I hope to see your entries in our challenge. 

Lynda
xxx







15 comments:

  1. A fabulous wall plaque Linda. You've created a lovely setting for the gorgeous little house xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely scene and cute designs for this plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the design and the beautiful, bright colours. Love, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plaque. Pretty house and design. Have a creative week . Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this plaque, Lynda. Gorgeous scene and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute mixed media creation. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous plaque Lynda, I love the little scene you've created on it. I just enjoyed a wander around your blog, there's some fantastic projects on here especially the books you made with your sister.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. That was such a fun day. Love crafting with her. Always good fun with a sprinkling of mischief thrown in lol x

      Delete
  8. Lovely! Gorgeous bright colours. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely plaque lynda! Gorgeous bright colours. Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Lynda - I love the bright colours so very much! Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, bright and zingy just right for Spring, Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete