Sunday 6 August 2017

Mermaid using Lavinia Stamps

I have had the BEST time today getting inky and indulging myself for a few hours with my trusty Lavinia stamps. Last night I created a few distress oxide backgrounds and I decided this one needed a pretty mermaid so I set to work this afternoon and this little scene soon emerged. 


My new stamping platform proved really useful for arranging my layout and meant I was able to accurately over stamp my mermaids tail in versamark and then emboss with some wow glitter powders. It really brought her to life!



The details were coloured with Twinkling H20's and nuvo drops added for dimension and I gave the orbs a glassy look with Glossy Accents.



What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Challenges:


4 comments:

  1. A really atmospheric creation with the lovely Lavinia stamps ans oxides, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations August challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamping and using of colours.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lynda. Love the mermaid and the background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project, full of detail, colour & texture. Many thanks for joining in with Love 2 Create Challenges 'Anything Goes' challenge. Lou (DT L2CC)

    ReplyDelete