Monday 3 August 2015

Not Just Cards August Challenge DT Post

Wow it's August already! This year is flying fast! However, a new month means a new challenge over at Not Just Cards and as always this month the theme is ' Anything Goes'.  Our sponsors this month are SLS Lines , Milk CoffeeJulia Spiri and Delightful Digis so do check them out as they all have great images to craft with.

My first project is an altered paper mache tea bag box. I love Alice in Wonderland and so the Mad Hatter from SLS Lines was the perfect image for the job! I coloured him with promarkers and fussy cut. I painted the paper mache box in green acrylic paint and dry brushed over with cream paint to give a distressed look. After rummaging through my stash for a suitable paper I was pleased to find one all about tea- result! I didtress the edges and inked with distress ink and adhered it to the box, and added some embellishments. The alphabet stickers I have used to write 'Tea Bags' on the front with are by Tim Holtz. I've been wanting a way to organise my herbal teas for ages so am glad to have finally got them organised!


 My second project is a card, made using Fairy Princess by Milk Coffee. Isn't she adorable? Again coloured with promarkers, with stickles to give the wings some added princess sparkle.



Last but not least I have made a card using Sweet Girl with Lollipop by Julia Spiri. She is so darned cute!! Coloured with a combination of copics and promarkers and layered on some pretty papers. The sentiment is from a set I got with a magazine a while ago, as are the sweetie jar stamps. I made the jar using a masking technique , and added clear embossing powder over the whole thing to give a glassy finish. 


We would love to see you join in this month. There are some great prizes on offer so do play along if you can.

Happy crafting!

Lynda
xx

5 comments:

  1. I like yours cards! Your cards are very lovely and fun!
    Hugs, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julia. Your comment has made me smile :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Lynda, great job!!! Love all your makes, but my favorite is the tea box, it is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are So pretty! Love the tea box.

    ReplyDelete