Thursday 11 November 2021

Queen of Hearts

This weeks inspiration for Visible Image features the fabulous Queen of Hearts from their stunning Wonderland collection. I love colouring up these characters- it takes me right back to my childhood, curled up with my nose in Alice's  magical adventures. 

I decided to pop a little Pride spin on my queen today and give her a rainbow backdrop and a glitzy drag queen look. It was so much fun to create. Here's how I did it...

Step 1: I created my rainbow with distress ink and used the edge of a piece of scrap paper to ensure clean lines between the colours. 


Step 2: I taped the Dark Hearts stencil over the top and applied some generous layers of black ink. I couldn't quite get the depth of colour I wanted with the distress ink so switched to pouncing versafine clair Nocturn ink over it instead. 


Step 3: Once happy with the depth of black, I added clear embossing powder to add some shine. 


Step 4: I coloured my Queen with Copic markers and gave her some glittery eyeshadow with stickles and fussy cut. I also used a fineliner to extend her eyelashes for a more dramatic look!


Step 5: To finish I stamped the sentiment and edged it in complimenting rainbow colours. I also added sequins- because every Queen loves a  sparkly sequin! 


I really hope you like my take on this classic character as much as I enjoyed making her. I will be back with more character cards soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment