Thursday 27 October 2022

A Halloween Journal Page

Halloween is almost upon us and I have been getting in the mood by creating a spooky page for my art journal as this weeks design team project for Visible Image. 

I started by creating a background with Distress Oxide inks. I swiped them on my mat, spritzed with water and dabbed my page in until I was happy. 

I then used the Skull Shadow stencil and black ink across half of the page. 

On the opposite side I planned to use the Guardian Angel stamp, so I stamped out the wings in black ink, but I wanted a hint of red on them so I embossed over them with Candied Apple Distress Glaze.  I also added some background stamping using the script stamp from Scripted Streets, and the Grunge Tones set. 

Some embossed Ink Splats worked beautifully as blood too .

I happened to have a piece of card with red spray ink on in my stash, and I stamped the angel on this and fussy cut. Doesn't he look dramatic!

Before I glued him on I used acrylic ink to drip some 'blood' from where his hands would go.  I also stamped out some skulls from Mr Bone Jangles, and old favourite from my Visible Image collection! 

I adhered my angel to my page and gave him some shadow with watercolour paint, then finished off with the sentiment,some red ink splats and some torn pieces from a Ripped Fishnet die cut. Super spooky and dark but so much fun to make!

If you celebrate Halloween I hope you have a wonderful time on Monday. 

Do check out Visible Image on their social media pages for more inspiration from the talented design team and of course you can share your Visible Image creations on their FB group and Instagram. We love to see what you have been making too.

Friday 14 October 2022

No Filter

Today I am sharing a card with some absolutely stunning stamps from Visible Image, No Filter and Background Vision. This is such an empowering image, perfect for acknowledging the strong women we all know. 

I started by inking the main image with Kaleidoscope ink and stamping  onto watercolour card and spritzing with water to make it bleed. For this technique using a stamping platform works best. 

Once happy with the bled area, I re stamped in Archival ink to add the definition. 

I used a white gel pen to clean up her eyes, and added some background stamping before adding the sentiment. 


These new stamp sets have been so popular and there is already lots of DT and customer inspiration over on the social media pages so why not take a look.