Thursday 2 September 2021

Nuts About Squirrels- Visible Image

It's September which can only mean one thing- Autumn has arrived!! It's my absolute favourite season and I just love to craft using it as inspiration, so the new release from Visible Image filled me with joy when I saw it.

Today's project features the beautiful (and amusing) Nuts About Squirrels stamp set. 


I wanted to make a woodland scene for my foraging squirrel to sit in, so I began by using a selection of Autumnal coloured Distress Inks, swiping on my craft mat, spritzing with water and dabbing some watercolour card in, until I was happy with the result.


I then created a tree trunk on craft card by using the log stamp from the set as bark. I coloured this with more distress ink using a water brush, and cut a hole from the top to make a little squirrel home.


Once I was sure where I wanted to position my tree, I stamped a silhouette squirrel inside the hole. I mounted the tree over the top with 3D gel glue, bending it a little to round it and add dimension. 


Then came the fiddly part- stamping lots of leaves and acorns and fussy cutting. 


I used 3d glue gel again to adhere these , laying some fallen ones on the ground, along with some Flowersoft for added texture, and set my squirrel at the base of the tree. 


I finished with a fun sentiment from the set, bordered with black card to make it pop. 






The Autumn release is shipping now so do take a look as the stamps are stunning. You can get lots of inspiration if you click the below links to follow Visible Image on social media too. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment