Thursday 6 July 2023

Random Art Of Kindness

Summer is in full bloom and this weeks project for Visible Image was inspired by the colours in my garden. I'm not a great gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but when we moved here 11yrs ago we were fortunate to inherit stunning rhododendrons and honeysuckle bushes that just care for themselves and provide us with glorious flowers and aromas at this time of year.


I began with an inky background created by laying distress ink on my craft mat, adding water and dabbing watercolour card into.


Once dry, I took the Two Tone stencil and applied some gesso through it randomly to add a layer of interest and knock back the colour a little. 


I then stamped flowers from Random Art Of Kindness and heat embossed. 


I added a few smaller flowers from the new Flower Power set. 


I coloured them with acrylic ink as this is nice and bright.


On an inky mop up sheet I  then stamped a large flower to be the central image, and some small butterflies from the gorgeous Butterfly Effect set, which I die cut and added detail to. 


I stamped the stem and adhered the flower over some black sisal fibres for added texture with 3D glue gel.



To finish, I added a sentiment from the incredibly useful Birthday Wishes set ( honestly, every card maker should have this one to hand at all times!), a gem to the centre of the flower and a few white highlights to make the images pop.


There is so much going on over at Visible Image right now, including a new launch of Christmas stamps for Christmas In July, an ATC swap in the facebook group, live demos on youtube and loads of inspiration from the talented design team, so do follow the links below and hit the follow button. Oh and theres also a design team call for  new UK based members so if you love Visible Image as much as I do why not check it out and apply. It really is an amazing team to be a part of! 





No comments:

Post a Comment