Monday 2 February 2015

MDF Man Mixed Media Heart

Last night I started out painting a wooden box that I have had sitting around for a while, but I couldn't decided what to do on it after the first coat of paint was on ( don't you just hate it when that happens!). While I was rummaging around my cupboards for inspiration a wooden heart plaque that I had painted red ages ago, then also lost my way with, jumped out at me. An idea for it finally took hold so I ran with it to see what would happen and here's the end result! I'm not 100% happy with it as the black paint didn't go on nearly as smoothly as I would have liked, but I think I got away with it as it adds texture. It's not my usual style at all but I think it's quite funky!



Ingredients used:

MDF heart ( from the MDF Man)
Red,black and copper acrylic paint
Steampunk mask
Splodgeboard cogs
Black Soot distress ink
Sentiment stamp ( free with a recent magazine)
Cosmic shimmer spray
gold and copper gilding wax
Silver Buff It
Black ink pad

Guess I'd better get to grips with the box now. Hopefully inspiration will strike soon!

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment