Friday 10 June 2022

Life Is Better At The Beach

Today's post for Visible Image showcases the recently released At The Beach stamp set. I wanted to make a textured sea themed framed canvas as the beach really is my happy place.  


I started with a 5x7 canvas board and used acrylic paint to create a blue sea. 


I then applied gold paint on the sandy half. 


When the paint was fully dry I added some texture with the ocean stamp from the Ride The Waves set and Archival ink . 


I wanted to make my sea really textured so with a palette knife I applied Izink Ice randomly to emulate waves, and sprinkled white embossing powder on it while it was wet. I then carefully heat set it, moving my embossing gun around as the Izink Ice bubbled up. 


To add texture to the sand I first stippled a brown on top of the gold paint. While that dried I cut sand paper with the brilliant Framed Fibres die. To be honest I wasn't sure if the die would cut the coarse paper, but of course everything Visible produce is amazing quality, so I really shouldn't have been surprised that it handled it with no problem. 


I used more Ice, this time in gold and brown shades, and applied a layer over the sand. As it is so sticky I was able to adhere the sandpaper to it without the need for glue, and then I layered more over the top. 



I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the sea shells and embossed with a clear glaze. I adhered gold balls and seed beads, and some broken shell to add even more dimension and mounted the shells with 3D glue. 


To finish I stippled white paint as sea foam and added the sentiment before mounting in a frame. 































No comments:

Post a Comment