Thursday 12 May 2022

Bee Happy

 Today I am sharing a card full of delicious texture, using the brand new Bee Happy stamp set from Visible Image. I love bees and this set, teamed with the new Honeycomb Hex stencil make a perfect combination. 

I started by die cutting a hexagon from 300gsm black mixed media card stock (you need a heavy weight card for this technique as it uses a lot of texture paste so you don't want it to warp).


I lay the Honeycomb Hex stencil over the top and applied a generous layer of gold texture paste through it. 


While the paste was still wet I sprinkled over some embossing powders and perfect pearls in complimenting colours. 


Then came the fun part- heating it up! I applied heat with my embossing gun until the powders melted and the paste bubbled. 


Just look at that texture! So good! 

Once the whole surface had bubbled, I seat aside to cool completely. While it did I stamped and coloured my bees and sentiment. 

Once totally cool I brushed off any leftover powder with a soft brush, and adhered some pieces cut from the Torn Fishnet die before adding my bees and sentiment with some 3D glue gel. 

It really does look good enough to eat don't you think?








The new Summer release is an absolute cracker, so do follow Visible Image on the social media links below to see what the DT and customers have been making and to keep up with news of new releases etc.








No comments:

Post a Comment