Thursday 28 April 2022

Ride The Waves

Today I am sharing a card made using the brand new Ride The Waves stamp set from Visible Image. It so makes me want to head to Cornwall, sit on the beach and watch the surfers on the water! 

I started this card with a sheet of watercolour card, coloured with Dylusions spray inks. I stamped and embossed the waves stamp with a purple Versafine Clair ink .


Using a circle stencil made from card I applied some white gesso with a sponge to create a moon. 


To add highlight and to the sea where the moon falls on it I added more gesso, a little diluted, between the stamped areas. The embossing acted as a resist ensuring that the stamping didn't get covered too. 


I stamped my surfer and boat on the horizon and birds in the sky and  added some more highlights with a white gel pen. I also used a water brush to lift some of the ink to create clouds. 





It has been a busy week for Mark and Helen promoting this new collection on the Crafters TV channel earlier in the week, and today,Friday 29th,  on HobbyMaker. You can see all the shows and Marks amazing demos over on YouTube so do check them out. It is such and incredible release for the summer. The DT can't put the collection down so also head over to the Visible Image socials on the links below to check out all the gorgeous samples. 






No comments:

Post a Comment