Thursday 3 March 2022

Spring Awakenings Mixed Media Canvas



It's officially Spring now and so the perfect time to be sharing some inspiration for Visible Image using their new Spring Awakening stamp set. 


I wanted to make a mixed media canvas to showcase the beautiful flower.  I started with a small canvas board which I adhered various patterned papers to. 


I wanted to set the flower on a separate layer, so I used greyboard, which I applied a coat of gesso to and brayered paint over.


I then used the Transmission Glitch background stamps to add a layer of interest. 


I stamped the flower on some mop up card and fussy cut. 


Then it was time to colour the base canvas. I used Izink pigment, which I sprayed with water to help the ink move and give a drippy effect. 


I then added another layer, using Izink crackle texture paste through the Distressed Brick stencil. 


Then more stamping with Transmission Glitch, and I coloured the squares. 


To finish I set the small board over the larger one, and mounted the flower on some mesh fabric and silky threads to add more texture, and of course added a sentiment. A few paint splatters helped to pull the whole piece together. 



Do check out the Visible Image social media pages where you will find lots of inspiration and be able to keep up with all the news.










No comments:

Post a Comment