Thursday 31 March 2022

Bold Colour Pencil Case Using Visible Image Products

 
Have you ever used your stamps and stencils for something other than papercraft? Today I am sharing a project for Visible Image where I have done just that and created myself a unique pencil case. It was so easy to do and I love that I have something useful and pretty to take with me when I take my art supplies on the go. 




I used a cheap blank pencil case that I purchased recently in a local craft shop. The first step was of course to colour the case with fabric paint. Before I did this I ensured that the material was wet as this helps the colours to blend together. I applied diluted paint randomly on both sides and hung to dry.  A good tip for this stage is to insert something plastic inside the case to separate the sides so that the colours don't bleed through.



I actually applied a second coat once dry as I wanted my colours to be bold. I then ironed the case as heat sets the paint should you wish to wash it. It also meant that it was nice and flat to lay my stencils down and stamp on. 


I began to decorate by using the Daisy Daisy stencil and dry brushing fabric paint through it. 



I added more detail and colour through the Two Tone and Seeing Stars stencils. 



I then added more detail by stamping the solid flower from Imperfection is Beauty and grid from Transmission Glitch sets in Versacraft Ink.  For this step I used a block but placed my fabric on the foam mat of my stamping press to ensure I was able to get good enough pressure to transfer the ink to the fabric first time. 


To finish I stamped some butterflies from Wings of Change and a sentiment from the  Brighten The World sets and coloured in Posca pens before ironing once more to ensure that my case became washable. 



This was such a fun project to make. I highly recommend stamping on fabric to bring a whole new dimension to your crafting if you haven't tried it. 

Do check out the Visible Image social media platforms as there are lots of exciting things in the pipeline with new releases and TV shows coming up. So much inspiration too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment