Thursday 22 July 2021

Born to Perform

 I don't know about you, but I love the theatre and live performances, and with the strike of Covid 19 the impact on the performing arts industry has been a real concern. Today's inspiration for Visible Image is to celebrate the fact that finally the doors are beginning to open again and stages across the country are finally being performed upon. Long may it last!



I began by stamping the masks from the Maskerade set onto book pages, fussy cutting and adhering to the side of my page.

Then I stamped the book from Free Your Imagination , and blended distress inks on the page. 

To create a stage lighting effect behind my ballerina I used distress oxide and the strobes stencil. 

I then stamped and embossed my dancer so that it appeared she was pirouetting her way out of the book. 
Every ballerina needs glitter on her tutu so I applied glitter glue and added chunky WOW glitter over the top for added sparkle. 

To finish, I re stamped the book and fussy cut the pages, coloured and adhered them with 3D glue gel.


I also stamped and embossed some stars around my dancer, then finished by adding the sentiments.


Good luck to all performers getting back out there on the stage now. Personally I cannot wait to visit the theatre again! 


Products










Have you seen that Mark and Helen ( Mr and Mrs Visible Image themselves)  are now doing fabulous demos over on their YouTube channel? Please do check them out on the below link and subscribe as they are offering so much inspiration!









No comments:

Post a Comment