Thursday 13 May 2021

Butterfly Effect by Visible Image

 I have had such a lovely time playing with the brand new Summer release from Visible Image this month. They are such fantastic stamps, and a really great size for home decor pieces, so I decided to make some wall art using the Butterfly Effect set and my round Gelli plate for this weeks design team inspiration. 



I am not overly well practiced in using the gel plate I must admit ( it is definitely on my 'must use more' list!)  so I was unsure how my print would turn out, but that is part of the fun of creating papers with it so I just had to make myself relax and go for it! 


My first layer was created by applying paint through the Butterfly Ink stencil.


I then took Ripped Fishnet and applied paint through that, framing the butterfly. 


Once dry, I applied another layer of paint through the Mesh It Up stencil.


Again, once dry I added another layer, this time with the Time Tunnel stencil. 


Then came the scary part- pulling the print ( after adding a thin layer of fluid acrylic). 

I was SO relieved that the finished print turned out well! 


As you can see, the Butterfly Effect stamp fits the stencil perfectly. 


I stamped the large and smaller butterflies in Stazon ink on an alcohol ink background and fussy cut once dry. 


I wanted to stamp and emboss the background stamps inside the circle, so drew round my Gelli plate onto copy paper and cut to create a mask. I embossed in white to help make the image pop. 


I inked a drop shadow around the central image to help add dimension, and mounted it with glue gel. I stuck the smaller butterflies around the edge of the circle, and added the sentiment before mountinf oto black card and framing. 













Visible Image Links 


No comments:

Post a Comment