Thursday 1 April 2021

Summer Dream - Visible Image DT Post

Today I have a journal page to share using some wonderfully summery stamps and stencil from Visible Image. The sun has started to shine here in Hampshire and I am definitely feeling brighter for it. Yesterday I even spotted butterflies dancing around my garden to help inspire me. 


I started this page by creating a background with the Daisy stencil and spray inks on my gelli plate. 


I love the randomness of using a gelli plate, as you never quite know how your print will turn out. This one I was very happy with. The yellow background had some lovely detail of the negative of the stencil, but I also wanted a positive image so I inked directly onto it, then spritzed with water and pressed to the page. 

Then I set to work with more layers, stamping bold  flowers from Imperfection Is Beauty in co ordinating colours...


... and then the outlined ones in black Versafine.  I also used the Random Art of Kindness set for this part. 


I coloured in the flowers with Sparkle Pens. 


And for more detail added some Get Crackled gel.


While the gel dried I stamped and cut some butterflies from the Wings of Change and Summer Wings sets and doodled some highlights on. 



Once the crackle was dry I adhered the butterflies and used watercolour ink to add a shadow around them to finish. 


I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Summer days in the garden now!


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment