Thursday 29 April 2021

Break Free Mixed Media Canvas

Today's DT project for Visible Image is a mixed media canvas, featuring the stunning Break Free set as the main focal point. This was so much fun to make! 


I started with a piece on thick backing board recycled from a paper pad. I adhered corrugated cardboard and used the Ink Swirls stencil and texture paste for my base layer .


Once the texture paste was dry, I applied generous smatterings of Izink sand texture paste and left to air dry. 


The next stage was to cover with gesso and again. leave to dry ( I am SO impatient when it comes to things drying so these steps were very frustrating for me haha!) 

                                       

Then cam the fun part! I set to work with a combination of spray paints and distress oxide sprays. 

                 

They reacted beautifully together and just look at that texture!



Once the paint was dry ( yes, more drying!!) , I used the fabulous new Grunge Tones stamps with white paint to add more texture, and added paint splatters with a fan brush.


I used the Break Free stamp set, embossed in white, on an inky mop up sheet I had to hand, and fussy cut. I added more texture by mounting it on top of some sisal. I just love the natural fibres for creating interest.  


I added the sentiment from the Lost for Words set and layered on black card to finish. 






Products Used 







You can follow Visible Image on the following links for more inspiration and to keep up with all the new releases.



















 





No comments:

Post a Comment