Wednesday 3 March 2021

Refuse Normal - Visible Image NEW Release!!

Have you seen the new Visible Image release yet. It is, as always, absolutely fabulous and very unique. I think this stamp set, Refuse Normal, that  I am showcasing today is my favourite. She is so much fun and reminds me of the era I grew up in. I was too young to be influenced by the punk scene myself , but my older sister most definitely wasn't and this image really reminds me of her back then! 


I wanted to reflect the current challenging times with this card, and make something fun that could be sent to a friend as a cheer up gift. The hair on this stunning girl just screamed 'rainbow' at me of course! I coloured her in with Copic markers, and fussy cut before making my background. 

Distress Oxides on black card look really striking through a stencil, and the Ripped Fishnet was the perfect one to use for this.  I simply lay the stencil down and spritzed lightly, lifted carefully and heat dried.  I did this twice as I knew I would need an extra strip to create my lollipop holder. 

I then stamped and heat embossed the new Grunge Tones stamps over the top.  I measured my lollipop stick, and cut a strip of card a little longer, scored twice at each end to create a pop up stand and pierced holes in it, and using a craft knife I cut slits in the base card, popped each end through and adhered to the back with tape. 

To add even more layering and colour I splattered acrylic ink in bright tones over the top before mat and layering it onto a card and placing my lolly licking punk on. 

The sentiment is also from a new set, called Lost For Words. 

To finish I added some bright plastic dots to compliment that rainbow hair. 


 Visible Image Products Used 









If you want to see more inspiration with this release from the incredible design team do pop across to Facebook and join the Visible Image group and follow on Instagram.  And do share your creations too as we love to see them. 





1 comment:

  1. loving the new stamps and what you've done with them Lynda. This is such a great card and brings back a few memories.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete