Thursday 18 March 2021

Fearless Tiger Mixed Media Hanger

The Fearless Tiger set from Visible Image is so striking that I couldn't resist turning him into a hanging home decor piece. I am currently watching 'Zoo' on Netfix with my 15yr old daughter, and this image really reminds me of the show so is very apt for us right now. 


I started with a piece of grey board that I punched holes in to hang. I applied a coat of gesso, and then used my gelli plate and the Mesh It Up stencil to create a textured backdrop for my tiger.


Once happy with the print I took the same stencil and stippled more paint through it to add another layer of interest.


I then stamped my tiger ( purely for placement so wasn't worried if it didn't stamp fully), and also added some texture with the Grunge Tones stamps.


I stamped, embossed and coloured the tiger onto card and fussy cut. I had some mdf leaves and grasses in my stash, so checked my layout and painted them in acrylic paint. 


To draw the eye to the centre of the piece, I edged in gilding flakes. 


You can never have enough texture of course, so I also applied some Izink Ice and Crackle gel and left to dry before adhering my elements. 


Some white highlights with a gel pen really helped the tiger to pop and brought him to life. 


A little sisal helped add more interest behind him, giving it a feeling that he really was prowling through the jungle. 








Mark will be bring the latest release of Visible Image stamps to Create and Craft TV on the 23rd March and it promises to be an amazing show so please tune in if you can.  You can also keep up with all the latest news and products on the links below. 

Website



No comments:

Post a Comment