Friday 27 November 2020

Phoenix Rising by Visible Image

Today I am sharing a clean and simple card for Visible Image using the new release stamp set Phoenix Rising. I think in these worrying times, with a long winter ahead with Covid restrictions, we all need a little hope and to be understanding of others, so the sentiment is particularly poignant right now. 



To create the sun on this card I used my small round gelli plate, distress oxide and versafine clair ink, and the fabulous Fibres stencil. I brayered on a layer of Versafine, lay the stencil over the top, and added another layer in distress oxide. This created a lovely flame effect. 


I then used distress ink to stamp the flames along the bottom edge. 


Once the ink was dry, I stamped and embossed the phoenix and sentiment, and added some white highlights, and mat an layered it on black card. 


I can't lie, leaving so much white space on a card is really out of my comfort zone, but this stamp is so striking that it really stands out without any need for anything too busy and fussy. Wouldn't you agree? 







Website

Blog

Facebook Fan Page

Facebook Page

Instagram



 

No comments:

Post a Comment