Friday 2 October 2020

Here For You Card

It's time for my fortnightly share for Visible Image and todays card is a sneak peek of a sample coming up in the next show on Create and Craft. Set your reminders for the 27th October because you really won't want to miss it. There will be some incredible stamps and stencils on, and no doubt at great value as always! 

For my project I have used the very popular Creative Chaos set as the main focus, and teamed it with the vase from Break Free and a sentiment from So Much Stronger to make a card of support. Something I think we all could do with in these challenging times. 


I started with an inky mop up sheet from my stash, some distress ink and the Collision and Count Me In stencils, to create a layered background. I then used some of the background stamps for more interest. 


I stamped and embossed the flower several times, and coloured it with distress stain and a touch of gouache paint. Once dry I fussy cut the petals to create one flower with layers. 



I stamped and embossed the vase on heat resistant acetate and coloured the water with alcohol ink. Using my craft knife I slit the top to enable me to feed the stem of the flower through it.


I added another layer of texture to the background with Pretty Gets Gritty Get Crackled paste, and once dry I added some mesh fabric and fibres behind the flower before gluing it with 3d gel and adding the sentiment.


To finish I splattered some white and black paint to pull the whole piece together. 



















Visible Image Links







 

1 comment:

  1. Lynda this card is so beautiful, before reading your article I was wondering how you created the vase & water (now I know) Gorgeous background & those stamps & stencils I need in my life ...
    Stay safe & smile often
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete