Friday 7 August 2020

Ripped Fishnet 'Basque' - Visible Image DT Post

 From the minute I saw the shape of the new Ripped Fishnet stencil from Visible Image I couldn't get the idea of a cheeky basque out of my mind, so I had to give it a go and see if I could make it work. I think I pulled it off! 

I began with a sheet of card sprayed with my favourite Distress Oxide ink, then I inked through the stencil with more ink on a blending brush. The fishnet needed definition, so while chilling in front of the tv I set about outlining every edge and hole. It took a while but really made it pop!

I wanted to define the 'waist' and add a little bling. I cut a hole in each side and threaded some ribbon and a charm through to make a belt, and then I also adhered black lace to the top and bottom before mounting on black card. 
This was such a bold image that I wanted a bold statement to go with it and ' No Matter How You Feel, Get Up, Dress Up and Never Give Up' from the Brave and Strong set was the obvious quote. I stamped and mat and layered that, and once I had decided on my card layout I also added words from the new Words of Support stencil lightly in the background of my base layer before mounting everything in place. 
I love the way the inky image turned out looking so bold and striking against the clean white background. 
Visible Image Products Used

Visible Image Links

No comments:

Post a Comment