Tuesday 4 February 2020

Captain Awesome- A New Release from Visible Image

I am so thrilled to be sharing my first creation with a set from  the brand new February release from Visible Image . Those of you who have been fans of Visible Image for a long time, may have noticed that the gorgeous space themed stamps are in fact a re release, with some new extras included.  I absolutely adored them the moment I first saw them, so I am so glad that they have made a comeback. They are just perfect for the boys, who are often so tricky to make cards for.

This week I am sharing Captain Awesome . Isn't he a handsome chap!




This card was so easy to create, yet is really effective. I began with sheet of mixed media cardstock , sprayed with Dylusions ink as my base, and a large card die cut star  (the die I used is by Studio Light)


I wanted my star to really sparkle, and have texture, so I covered the greyboard in silver texture paste, stippled on with a hard brush, and then sprinkled over Fairy Dust  Wow embossing powder .

I then applied heat to melt the powder. The texture paste bubbles up, so it is important to keep the gun moving at this point, allowing it to rise and then re settle. 


While this cooled thoroughly, I slattered wwhite paint over the background to create a starry sky, and stamped and embossed the tiny satellite stamps. 


I stamped and coloured Captain Awesome and his rocket with Copic markers, and stamped the rocks and earth on a scrap of card previously used as a mop up sheet, then fussy cut them all. 

I adhered the star to the centre before gluing on the other elements to finish. He really is AWESOME!! 



Set used:


I really did have a blast making this. I can't wait to share more creations with you from this amazing release soon. 

Lynda
x

Visible Image Links 







1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynda, this is a stunning card, I love it 🥰 Visable Image & WOW Powders, a winning combination every time. I have my eye on the latest edition stamps, thanks for the inspiration....x
    Jane 🌴

    ReplyDelete