Friday 9 August 2019

Through the Storm

 Wow it's just come across really stormy here in Hampshire this afternoon and the heavens have opened. A perfect moment to be sharing this card for Visible Image. 


I created this from a mop up card that I had from a previous project, using Amsterdam acrylic ink. The combination of blues and greys just screamed 'sea' to me. 






I used the strobe stencil and swiped some gesso through it to give a white base for some rays of sunshine. 


I swiped yellow and orange paint over the top when dry, and stamped and heat embossed the sun from the Look Forward With Hope set in the centre. 


I stamped some clouds from the same set, and painted with acrylic ink. For this I used my stamping platform, as once I had painted I wanted to re stamp the detail over the top. 


I added some waves with paint to create the stormy sea. 


The final step was to stamp the sentiment  and fussy cut some paper boats from the Destination Unknown set and pop them in the sea to bob about. 


I added the rest of the sentiment inside the card.



As if by magic as I uploaded the final image here , the rain stopped, the clouds lifted and the sun came out. How bizare is that!

I'll be back soon with more Visible Image inspiration for you.

Lynda
x








1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card love all the details and design-very clever
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete