Thursday 8 August 2019

Snowman Jack by Visible Image

It won't be long now before summer is over and our thoughts begin to turn to the festivities ahead. And as all crafters know, Christmas comes early when you make your own cards and decorations. 
This week I have been having fun with some of the new Christmas release stamps from Visible Image . They are just gorgeous and there is something for everyone, whether your style is inky and grungy, or more cute. I love them all, but I must admit, it's the characters that got me really excited so my first project to share is the fabulous Snowman Jack .


This was a really quick and easy card to make. First I stamped a scene on watercolour card.


I knew I wanted a distress oxide background with a snowy lightly mottled sky, and drawing gum enabled me to mask the areas I wanted to keep white before dipping my card into the wet ink. 


When everything was thoroughly dry, I removed the masking fluid with a rubber and coloured the images in with Zig Clean Color markers, stamped and embossed some snowflakes, and then applied Fluffy Stuff with glitter over it to add dimension and sparkle to my snow .


Jack's penguin pal was so cute that I decided he needed a project of his own, so I made a quick gift tag to go with my card, colouring him in pencil on a kraft tag. 



I normally struggle to feel festive this early in the year, but these stamps are clearly having an effect on me as I caught myself singing carols yesterday- my husband was not impressed haha but it'll be here soon enough so I say just embrace it!

Lynda
x




No comments:

Post a Comment