Wednesday 3 July 2019

Mythical Mermaid by Visible Image

Good morning! And what a beautiful morning it is. Perfect for thoughts of the beach and faraway places. Today I would like you to dive under the sea with me to the magical land where the mermaids dwell. In particular this beauty, Mythical Mermaid, from Visible Image. You can find her here




A long time ago I used a canvas board to mop up the spillage from a paint pour. Once I pulled it away from the craft mat I instantly saw corals in the shapes, so set it aside for a while, I waited for the perfect inspiration to hit me, which it did when the June release of incredible stamps was launched. 


My canvas was pink, and so I needed to add a touch of blue to make it more watery, which I did with spray inks. 


I stamped the mermaid direct to the canvas and painted inside the figure with white gesso. 


I wanted to place her on the entrance to a secret underwater cave, so I carefully stamped the bubbles stamp in the set around the edge in Archival Ink..


Then it was time to add some colour with acrylic paint. 


While the paint was drying I stamped the mermaid,dolphins and some of the smaller sea creatures onto rice paper as that would give me my final outlines on the piece. I stamped and gesso'd the dolhpins and creatures direct to the canvas, then painting as I had with the mermaid. 


To finish I drew rock shapes into the edge, and adhered the rice paper over the stamped images with gel medium and painted in some sea weed before stamping the beautiful sentiment direct to the canvas. 


A touch of glossy accents and glitter added dimension to the bubbles to really finish it off and add some magic sparkle. 





I am entering this in the following challenge:



Thanks for stopping by. 

Lynda
x




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful canvas! I love it! Thanks for joining our monthly challenge at WeLove2Create. Hugs from Irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Beautifull Canvas, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create, Good luck Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete