Wednesday 26 June 2019

Faerie Magic by Visible Image

I absolutely adore faeries and all things magical, so was totally blown away when I saw the Faerie Magic stamp set from Visible Image. I may have squealed a little when she fluttered onto my doormat!

My youngest daughter used to be obsessed by a series of books about fairies where every one had a different power. As soon as I saw this gorgeous lady she just screamed Fire Faerie to me so I wanted to create a card that left no doubt as to her magical abilities.

I started by stamping her using the red and yellow pads from a Kaleidacolour ink pad. 


She needed her wings of course, so I created a mask from copy paper and stamped them into position .


To create the fire I carefully inked just her hair section and stamped it twice, rotating the stamp to make a flame shape.  


I then coloured the image with my watercolour pens before inking up a background using the mask to protect her, and applying distress inks. To keep the  small bubbles clean I used masking fluid.  I kept the area surrounding the faerie light with orange and yellow tones, blending into pinks and purples to reflect the light from her fire.


Once happy with the depth of the colours on the background I splattered water with a fan brush and stamped out some of the small elements to make a magical night sky before stamping and heat embossing the sentiment stamps. 





I thoroughly enjoyed working on this piece. I have several more ideas for her yet , and I'll also be back soon with more projects using the new release stamps so do watch this space!

Lynda
x



1 comment:

  1. Had to come and see how you created this stunning card!! I could never achieve such an amazing piece. Amazing. Stunning. Wow!😲😲🐾

    ReplyDelete