Saturday 21 October 2017

Glimmer of Light Tag

My entire family is out today, leaving me home alone with just my 3 dogs for company. They are fast asleep in an effort to avoid being dragged out for walkies while Storm Brian whirls around outside, so I have listened to them and decided to stay cosy inside and hit the craft table. 

My first project of the afternoon is a tag. I'm not convinced we won't be plunged into darkness later as the power is flickering in the wind, so it seems appropriate!

To create my tag I first coloured it with musterd seed and spiced marmalade distress stain. When dry I went over with some Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, also in mustard seed. It's gone a bit gloopy with age, but that actually gave it wonderful added texture. 

I wanted to create a dark and light contrast, and found an old mask in my supplies that would work. I used archival ink to black out the areas, then stamped and heat embossed the lightbulb from the Visible Image Glimmer of Light set. To give it a glass appearance I then went over in glossy accents. 

The wasp and sentiment are also from the Glimmer of Light stamp collection. I stamped the wasp onto heat resistant acetate and heat embossed then coloured the clear areas with my alcohol markers. The sentiment was stamped on another piece of coloured card, highlighted with a white pen and layered onto black card to make it pop.



Challenges:


No comments:

Post a Comment