Tuesday 28 February 2017

Bride Digi by Rachel Gilllham

A long time ago, in what feels like another crafting galaxy, I served on a design team that was managed by a lovely lady called Rachel Gillham. We became firm friends instantly and last Autumn we actually got to meet in person rather than just chatting online, and I was pleased to discover we got on just as well in real life. Neither of us are on that DT any more, but we still chat most days,  and now Rachel has decided to take a leap from crafting with other artists images ,to creating her own for crafters like me to enjoy. At the moment she is predominantly creating colouring pages and is rather excited to have her first book, Plucky Patterns, on sale with Amazon ( you can find it here), but she has also drawn a rather beautiful bride digi stamp, and I was thrilled when she asked me to colour her up. You can find her here in Rachel's shop ( she sells lots of other crafty bits creations too so have a look around).

When I first saw the image I instantly imagined her being pensive and taking stock of the life change she is about to make, and I wanted to create a scene around her to reflect that.  I drew on techniques I have learned from my online colouring classes with Kit and Clowder and designed a surround and window scene, which I coloured with a combination of promarkers and copics. 




I added Wink of Stella to her veil to really give it some extra shimmer. 


I kept the card fairly simple, using a traditional style paper from my stash, some lace and some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment is from a wedding set by Visible Image.

I was relieved to hear Rachel say how thrilled she was with my creation. Phew! I'm glad she feels I have done her justice- I hope you agree. 

I am entering this in the following challenges:


You can also follow Rachel's work on her Facebook page if you like the look of what she does. I know she would love to get some more likes so do pop over and support her. It would mean a lot to us both. 

Thanks for stopping by

Lynda
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I love how you have coloured the image. Thanks for joining in this months 'Love is in the Air' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your Wedding card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is absolutely beautiful... gorgeous scene you have created and very pretty image... your card fits perfectly with our ‘All that Glitters’ challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete