Tuesday 18 October 2016

Potter Head by Saturated Canary

Good evening folks. Stopping by to share I card I made for my Harry Potter loving niece's birthday this week. The image I used is called Potter Head by Saturated Canary, and as soon as I saw it I just had to buy it. Krista has now sadly closed her SC shop, so I am glad I got it when I did!

I had SO much fun making this. The image was perfectly suited to my Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells papers, which I distressed and inked the edges to. I layered them up over some black card that I decorated with a Visible Image grunge flourish stamp and gilding flakes, along with some spider webs, confetti spiders and bats, a die cut bird ( gotta love Tim Holtz dies for the spooky stuff!) and a black feather . The owl in the frame is cut from a G45 sheet and mounted behind a wood decorative frame that I painted and gilded with wax.



I absolutely adore this digi, and can't wait to use it again soon. My youngest daughter has just discovered the joys of Harry Potter and as I type has her nose stuck in the first book, and as it's her birthday soon I think I will have to magic her up a card using it, don't you?

Challenges:



2 comments:

  1. What a great card, Lynda and fabulous coloring and techniques! Love the drama of the black against the bright brown. Your shading skills are GORGEOUS! (Yes, I covet your talent LOL).

    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Craft Goes". I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Please check back to see if you are a winner!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and your corner webs, great design, thank you for sharing your fantastic card with us at Sparkles Monthly, hope to see you next time .

    Happy Crafting
    Hugs Bas x

    ReplyDelete