Sunday 12 July 2015

Colourful Wedding Day Card- Visable Image 'Wedding Day'

Yesterday my sister Fiona finally said 'I do' to her fella Simon in a beautiful ceremony,which was followed by a very colourful reception in the garden of their beautiful home. I wanted to create them a card that reflected the 'bright colours' theme of their day, and make it modern and fun- just like them!


I used Visable Image's Wedding Day stamp set and created a rainbow effect using distress inks. I cut the coloured card in two, and stamped the rose in black on one side, and embossed the other with a hearts embossing folder. I used gilding wax to highlight the raised areas. The sentiment was stamped on plain card and mounted on black, as was the coloured card. I framed the whole thing with silver to add a little wedding sparkle around the edge.

I wish them both many happy years together as husband and wife. They really are a perfect match so I am sure they will have an amazing life together.



I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




6 comments:

  1. Super lovely project. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles.
    http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Naz XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colourful card and love the embossing giving this texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Use Some Embossing challenge this week.
    Aunty Sue
    Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation thanks for joining the add embossing fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
    Anita (DT)
    http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely modern card. Matches the wedding colours perfectly - their marquee looks so bright and colourful! Thanks for playing this week at Simply Papercraft - join us again soon!

    Sharon (Glittertastic) - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card! I like the bold colors.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Use Some Embossing challenge this week
    xx

    ReplyDelete