Sunday 27 April 2014

Simply Betty Boudoir Series 1 Challenge Entry

My favourite digis at the moment are by Simply Betty. They are an absolute dream to colour and so much fun! There is currently a challenge running on her Facebook fan page (you can find it here- go on, click the link and join in the fun, you know you want to!) and I couldn't resist joining in so here are my entries.

I fancied getting a little adventurous with my colouring for All Polished Up Betty so had my first attempt at pink hair. I was rather pleased with how she turned out. 


I am on the DT for the Facebook challenge page Aly's Crafty Challenges and this months theme is yellow and green, which gave me no end of a headache when I was producing my DT projects, but Bubble Bath Betty lent herself quite nicely to that colour scheme so although she wasn't used for the DT I decided to stick with the colours for her.


Perfume is always such a delicate thing so I wanted to keep Perfume Betty pale and pretty so coloured her in a nice subtle pink and grey and embellished my card with flowers, lace and a doily and added texture with an embossed panel that I shaded with gilding wax.


I made Shoe Obsession Betty into and anniversary card for my husband (18yrs yesterday- not sure how that happened but I am pleased to say after all that time we are still very happily married and looking forward to the next 18yrs) , so wanted to make it more 'man friendly' with the colour scheme so chose pretty blues and greys. 


Having been emboldened by my pink hair experience I went all out and sexy with Powder Puff Betty and gave her fiery red hair and added interest to her stepper card by creating a lace panel for the front with a mask, Versamark and embossing powder. 


I adore all of the images but Morning Mess Betty is by far my favourite, not least because the sentiment completely echoes my house, where the morning doesn't begin until the kettle has boiled. I wanted to use her to create a piece of art for my newly painted kitchen. I coloured her and fussy cut her before creating the background on my MDF heart using my gelli plate. Once I was happy with the background I added a sun and stamped a flower and bird border around the edge (the birds are always up before me so it seemed fitting!). I coloured the detail with Twinkling H20's to give it a little sparkle. A ribbon and bow finished it off nicely. Tomorrow's mission it to pop a hook up so she can take up residence in the kitchen and make me wake up with a smile every day!


Betty very kindly recently gave the last digi, Perfect Curls Betty away on her fan page for a limited time, and while she isn't required for the challenge I couldn't leave her out of this post as she is just adorable!


This has been such a fun challenge to enter. I can't wait to join in more!



No comments:

Post a Comment