Saturday 15 March 2014

Memory Keeping

While my main crafty 'thing' seems to have become card making I'm never averse to turning my hand to something different. My friend Zoe recently asked if I fancied a challenge (as it turns out this wasn't to prove the trickiest challenge she's set me but more on that at a later date!!). Along with two other friends of mine, their husbands and combined total of six children Zoe is off to Florida next month and she wanted to give the children some special boxes in which to store their precious holiday of a lifetime memories. She had already had three boxes made and was a bit disappointed with them so asked me to create something unique for the other three. I couldn't say no, not just because I like a challenge but also because three of the six girlies are on my own daughters BFF list!

I knew that dolphins are a huge love of Emma's, the first recipient (and confusingly who also shares the same name as my own daughter) so that seemed an obvious theme. I set to work with distress inks and created a scene and rooted around in my craft box and found a perfect teeny dolphin punch and it all came together nicely. 


For Ellie I decided to go with some glittery fairies. I created the scene with inks and stamps and used the Fairy Dust mask from Splodgeaway to frame it. Around the outside I used texture paste, spray inks and shimmer mists to give it a bit of sparkle, and finished it off with some pretty gems.


Today I finally got to finish the last one and stuck with the fairy theme for little Evelyn using a digi from Jellypark. I coloured her with promarkers and added glitter and gems for some extra sparkle. I hope she likes it. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations. The fairy in the bottom is From Jellypark xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. Credit now given where it was due :) x

      Delete