Wednesday 19 March 2014

Anyone for Pie?

I was asked this week to make a card for somebody who loves to bake and this is what I came up with. I wanted to create something with a real Spring/Summer feel and the papers I found in my stash fitted the bill perfectly, and I coloured the stamped image with promarkers to co ordinate perfectly.



Baking always makes me feel cosy inside and I see it as a craft in itself ( and one I haven't mastered terribly well!) and I felt that this card needed a bit more of a home made feel to it to finish it off. I dug out my Sew Easy tool and used it to create the cross stitch border. It's not a tool I use often as I find it a bit of a faff, but it did remind me just how much I love to cross stitch, which is something I can do well. I must get cracking on a picture I started a few years ago and get it finished actually. Once I discovered papercrafting my cross stitch kind of took a back seat. Think it's time to rectify that! 

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card for any special lady !
    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts Ink xx

    ReplyDelete