Friday 16 October 2020

Glimmer of Light by Visible Image

It's my Visible Image sharing day, and today I am featuring a rather dramatic card using the Glimmer of Light stamp set, along with the Strobes stencil. With the current Covid situation there are certainly some dark moments for many of us, and I think the sentiment on this is definitely one to remember. Things will get better if we all just hang on in there. 


I began with a base piece of card with distress oxide spray inks in orange and yellows. I taped the Strobes stencil down, and applied a generous layer of black texture paste through it. 



Before it dried, I sprinkled Sparkling sand Wow embossing powder , and a touch of Perfect Pearls mica all over it. 


Then came the magic part- heating it all up! 




As well as melting the embossing powder, the  wet texture paste swells and bubbles, adding even more texture. Yummy!


Once totally cool I added more colour to the rays with sparkle pens...


..and darkened the edges with black soot distress ink to draw the eye to the centre. 


The next step was to stamp and emboss lightbulb onto heat resistant acetate. I coloured on the back with alcohol ink. I stamped the moth on the same coloured card as the base and coloured with pens. 


The bulb, moth and sentiments were all adhered with 3d gel glue for added dimension. 








You can see this sample and more amazing ones from the team on Create and Craft TV on 27th October. Mark will no doubt have some fabulous demos to inspire too so watch if you can!

Products Used





Visible Image Links










 

No comments:

Post a Comment