Saturday 16 May 2020

Create Your Own Calm

The sun is shining, it has been a glorious week,  and oh how I have been dreaming of a trip to the seaside. However, as it's still not safe to indulge such whims I have instead lost myself under the ocean for this weeks inspiration project for Visible Image. 

There really is something magical about seahorses, and this handsome one from the Create Your Own Calm set is stunning! Visible Image currently have a whopping 20% off their products with the code KEEPSTAMPING so if you fancy treating yourself make sure you have a look on the Visible Image website



 I started this card with an inky mop up sheet of card. I am on a bit of a mission at the moment to use up my scraps. No idea why as I am constantly creating more so I am sure I am fighting a losing battle!


I used the Two Tone and Fibres stencils with distress ink to add a layer of detail to begin with, and then stamped some detail stamps in Archival Ink.


I took delivery of some Izink Ice this week, and some layers of that over the top really added some depth and shine and enhanced the colours.


While that was drying I stamped and embossed the seahorse on heat resistant acetate, and painted the colour onto the back of it so it just showed through the clear areas.


Once the Ice was dry, I stamped more images over the top from the Dare to Swim set, and added some embossing.


The WOW embossing brush is brilliant for applying thicker embossing powder around edges of your work to frame it. 


I stamped seaweed onto another mop up scrap and fussy cut in order to create another layer of interest, and along the sea bed I added texture sand , shells and jewels.



The final steap was to adhere the seahorse and sentiment  with 3D glue to really make him stand out. 



Visible Image Products Used 










Visible Image Links























1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card, textured to the max. I am a fan of the beads you have used, they never fail to add impact to any project.... Jane 🌴 xx

    ReplyDelete