Sunday 13 May 2018

Whimsical Flora Cottage - A Polly Allsorts DT Post

Good evening all. I hope you have had a great weekend. I'm popping by to share a project I have made using the stunning Whimsical Flora Cottage from Polly Allsorts. I adore these gorgeous houses. They aren't only pretty but practical too as can be used as storage because the front panel is hinged, allowing you to pop your own treasures inside. How cool is that!



To create my house I first applied a coat of white gesso, then painted in acrylic paint. I initially painted it a brighter yellow but decided that was a bit too bright so toned it down with a creamier yellow, which worked beautifully with the blues I selected. I accented the grooves using a dark posca pen to make them pop. 

The brickwork and flowers were created using a Polly Allsorts stencil. So useful for detailing. I coloured white texture paste and added the brickwork through the stencil. and the flowers were stencilled using glittery Sparkle Medium.  

Polly Allsorts also create some lovely complimenting stamps, which I used to create the foliage and signage- because every fairy cottage needs flowers and a cute name right? To finish off I painted some mdf flowers and leaves and glued them on too. 


I am so pleased with the way this turned out. I would love to live in a house like this wouldn't you?

If you are planning on visiting Create It  at Detling Showground in Kent next weekend you will be able to see all these wondrously whimsical  goodies as Polly Allsorts will be there. There is also  the opportunity to create a fabulous story book at their workshop. If you are interested you can find the details here.


I'm visiting the show myself next Sunday and can't wait! It promises to be a really good event with an amazing line up of demonstrators. Hopefully I will see you there.

I'll be back soon with another whimsical project to share, but for now I must go as the last of the Sunday sunshine is beckoning and the bbq is lit. 

Have a lovely evening

Lynda 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment