Monday 7 May 2018

A Spring Canvas - Samantha K DT Post

Finally Spring has sprung, the sun is shining and here in the UK we have a bank holiday weekend to enjoy. Perfect! I am definitely feeling the season and so thought I'd pop by to share a canvas that I created recently for Samantha K's recent Hochanda show. 


I wanted to create some layers of interest and so to begin I used a beautiful napkin that I purchased at Newbury Papercraft Show a while ago and pasted it onto my gesso'd canvas. 



Once dry I worked on my layout, using a stencil and texture paste to create a brickwork effect and flowers, adding flowers and fencing and sticking down before covering the entire piece with white gesso. 


While the gesso was drying I painted up Samantha's stunning swing seats and hummingbird and cut a window frame and scene to go behind it. I lay the window in place and set to work spritzing the entire piece with spray inks, and then once dry I stuck the window scene in place behind the frame, and added the final pieces in place.




If you'd like to see other projects made using Sam's beautiful mdf, why not join her Facebook group. You are very welcome to post your own mixed media creations there too, whether they feature her products or not. It's a great page to share hints and tips. We would love to see you there. 

Have a great weekend

Lynda
x

2 comments:

  1. Love this too, good steps to follow for starting to build layers X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Lynda, love everything about it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete