Tuesday 27 February 2018

Cog Wall Hanging for Samantha K Gifts

Today I would like to share another piece I have made recently for Samantha K. I absolutely love cogs so was really excited to receive her beautiful cog tags to play with.

I decided to team the mdf tag with a long plaque to create a wall hanging. The first step was to cover them all with black gesso.  


To add a layer of interest behind the cogs I used a clocks background stamp, which I inked with versafine, stamped, and then added Mica Boss to and heated to turn it sticky. 


Next came the really fun part- gilding flakes.

  I always get in such a mess with these but I do love the effect they give so it's worth getting gold fingers for. 


I used Deco Art fluid acrylics to create a rust effect over the top layer of the tag and also the main plaque.


To finish off  I added a piece of chain, and a quote from Sheena Douglasses Time Traveller range of stamps, which I heat embossed. A discarded piece of waste cable from my husbands tool box provided the perfect wire to hang it. 



 If you haven't already then do consider joining the Samantha K Facebook page and sharing your mixed media creations with us there. You can find it here. We would love to see what you are working on. 

Bye for now

Lynda 
x



1 comment: