Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Mothers Day!

It's Mother's Day here in the UK today, and I've woken up full of the joys of Spring and very much looking forward to a nice day out in the sunshine with my mum and some of my family later, so I thought I'd pop by now and share the card that I made for her ( she doesn't blog so I know I am safe and she won't see it early!).

I absolutely adore the new Hat Collection by Julia Spiri, and The Butterfly Hat was a perfect choice for my nature loving Mum. I coloured her with Clean Color water pens, and it's hard to see from the photo but I used a Wink of Stella pen to give some of the flowers a touch of sparkle. The backing paper is from the Spring Drop range by First Edition, and the flowers are a selection from my stash. I really love how this came together and hope my mum does too!



If you love Julia's images as much as I do then why not join her Facebook page where you can keep up to date with new releases, and share your work. She also has a challenge blog if you are a crafter who enjoys challenges.

I am entering this in the following challenges



Whatever you are all doing today I hope you have a lovely Mothering Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by

Lynda
xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love how you colored her. Love how the flowers in the hair blend with the actual flowers. Very well done! Thank you for sharing her at Scrappers Delights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great spring card!! Love all you pretty flowers. Thanks for entering at HIMCR this week.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda - what a gorgeous card! I love everything about it. Beautiful colour combo. Bet your Mum was thrilled with it. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunnnig card! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab, love it and I'm sure your Mum did too!!
    Hugs Donna xx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love it Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.
    Granmargaret
    DT for Creative Fingers Link Up!
    Granmargaret’s cards ‘n’ stuff – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete