Tuesday 13 October 2015

Happy Birthday Charlie!!

Not quite sure who stole the last 16 years from me but it only seems like yesterday that I took the leap into motherhood, and today the baby that changed my life turned sweet 16!! 

Fortunately for her, as she was born in the pre digital camera age I don't actually have a baby photo on my pc to share, but here is a recent one of her that was taken earlier this year at my sister's wedding. I know I am biased but I think she's beautiful!


Of course I had to make a card for her and as she loves all thinks Emo I used Emo Willow Gift from Make It Crafty. Normally I like to go a bit mad with embellishments but decided to keep this one CAS, just adding a sentiment using Craft Artist. Now she is 16 of course a new grown up world begings to open  there are certain things she is now legally allowed to do. I am relieved to say the one she's joked about most is that she is  able to walk in a shop and buy a lawnmower! I couldn't resist adding that to the card to make her smile (and it did!).


I couldn't be prouder of the young woman she has become and wish her every happiness for her 16th year. I'm sure it will be an exciting one!!

Happy birthday Charlie!

All my love 

Mum
xxx

Challenges:




7 comments:

  1. beautiful, love the colours, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card for your daughter. They grow up way too soon. My daughter has stopped at being 28yrs old. Has been for many years now which suits me as I can lie about my age too! Thankyou for sharing your card with us at Crafting From The Heart. hugs ValeryAnne D.T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card & I bet your daughter loved it, Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday for our ‘Feeling Sentimental’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful CAS card and the clean layout really lets the image shine.Love the joke that you are able to share too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your daughter's sweet 16th birthday ! Super cute card ! I love the lawnmower text :-)
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door
    Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great creation, fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Digi Choosday's Feeling Sentimental challenge! Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete