Sunday 18 May 2014

Spreading a Little Bit of Happy

Children are at the heart of pretty much everything I do and when I heard this week about the organisation Post Pals , which has been set up to support long term sick children and their families by a postal friendship service I couldn't wait to get involved and start sending these amazing children and their siblings some special cards crafted just for them.
The friend who told me about it directed me to the Facebook page Jelly Park Post Pals Club , where it is possible to earn free digi stamps by making cards to send to Post Pals. I signed up immediately and made my first card to send using the gorgeous image that was supplied. I really hope that the little girl it is going to likes it!


I wanted to send a card to her sister as well to let her know I am also thinking of her. Her details stated that she loves girly sparkle so I created her a super sparkly mermaid card with a Simply Betty digi stamp. She was so much fun to colour! I mounted her on a print I made a while ago with my gelli plate and added some glittery seaweed and gems for a bit of extra glitz.


All of the children on Post Pals have so much to cope with, but the Post Pals scheme gives them all a boost I'm sure. Everybody likes to receive a little bit of happy through the letter box, and I am so glad to be able to get involved. You don't have to be a crafter to take part, so if you too want to make kids smile click on the link above and have a pootle round the web site and see what you may be able to do too.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment